There is growing evidence that when employees are happy, organizations thrive. I know you know this … but there are some pretty astounding facts out there!
I will let the following 25 points speak for themselves:
- Happy employees are up to 20% more productive than unhappy employees.
- When it comes to salespeople, happiness has an even greater impact, raising sales by 37%.
- 39% of workers claim that being happier at their place of work would drive them to work harder.
- Happy employees are 19% more accurate at their tasks.
- More than 65% of managers say that those who work from ‘home sweet home’ are more productive.
- 1 in 3 employees (36%) would give up $5,000 a year in salary to be happier at work.
- Workers with depression take 20x more sick days each month.
- More than three-quarters of employees believe flexibility at work leads to greater happiness and productivity.
- Health care expenditures at high-pressure companies are nearly 50% greater than at other organizations.
- 550 million workdays are lost each year due to stress on the job.
- 60% to 80% of workplace accidents are attributed to stress.
- In the UK, the highest ranked factor contributing to workplace happiness was ‘doing meaningful work’ and feeling connected to a purpose.
- Company cultures with ‘top quartile cultures’ post return to shareholders of 60% to 200% higher than others.
- Only 13% of employees are engaged at work, meaning the vast majority of working adults doesn’t enjoy their work.
- Strong office design can make employees up to 33% happier at work.
- Happier employees demonstrate an impressive 79% lower burnout.
- Happy employees have a 61% lower likelihood of leaving versus unhappy employees.
- 89% of workers at companies that support well-being efforts are more likely to recommend their company as a good place to work.
- 89% of HR leaders agree that ongoing peer feedback and check-ins are key for successful outcomes.
- 96% of employees believe showing empathy is an important way to advance employee retention.
- 61% of employees are burned out on the job.
- 61% of employees agree that they have made healthier lifestyle choices because of their company’s wellness program.
- 75% of employees quit bosses not jobs.
- 70% of employees don’t feel encouraged to grow with the company.
- Almost 70% of employees didn’t receive any form of recognition in a month.
In the end, happiness is a pivotal emotion. In fact, positivity and happiness collectively can perform more wonders than all complex management principles combined.
The facts don’t lie!
For brainstorming tips, presentation and storytelling skills, or keynote speaking tips and tools be sure to sign up here: http://eepurl.com/cFGp5H